If you would like to down load the pdf version of the minutes, please click on the link below.
MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF ADDERBURY PARISH COUNCIL HELD AT THE CHURCH HOUSE, ADDERBURY ON TUESDAY, 8 MAY 2012 AT 7.30PM
PRESENT: Councillors Colin Astley, Diane Bratt, Mike Dolamore, Tony Gill, Paul Godwin, David Griffiths, Sue Jelfs, Patricia Leeman, Ann Lyons, Kevin Morris and Martin Rye.
ALSO IN ATTENDANCE: Trish Fennell, Theresa Goss (Clerk) and two members of the public.
APOLOGIES: County Councillor Keith Mitchell and District Councillor Nigel Randall.
12/82 ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN
Councillor Diane Bratt was appointed as Chairman for 2012/2013.
12/83 ELECTION OF VICE- CHAIRMAN
David Griffiths was appointed as Vice-Chairman for 2012/2013.
12/84 SIGNING OF DECLARATIONS OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE
Prior to the start of the meeting, all members had signed their Acceptance of Office forms.
Diane Bratt had also signed the Acceptance of Office for the position of Chairman.
Each member introduced themselves to the Parish Council.
12/85 DECLARATION OF INTERESTS
The following interests were declared:
All Councillors – Trustees of the Lucy Jane Plackett Charity;
Paul Godwin – School Governor at Christopher Rawlins School and St Mary’s Church Licensed Lay Minister;
David Griffiths – Trustee of Adderbury Institute;
Patricia Leeman – Chairman of the Youth Club and a resident of Dog Close, near to the Lucy Plackett Playing Field;
Ann Lyons – Member of FOCAL and a resident of Dog Close, near to the Lucy Plackett Playing Field; and
Martin Rye – School Governor at Christopher Rawlins School
The minutes of the meeting held on 24 April 2012 were taken as read, duly adopted and signed by the Chairman.
12/87 MATTERS ARISING FROM THE MINUTES OF 24 APRIL 2012
There were no matters arising.
12/88 APPOINTMENT OF COUNCIL REPRESENTATIVES AND COUNCIL COMMITTEES
A number of changes were agreed to the committee memberships and representatives on outside bodies (listed in appendix A to the minutes).
12/89 SUPERFAST BROADBAND
The Clerk reported that Newbottle Parish Council now felt that it would not be appropriate to progress the superfast broadband project with Adderbury.
Tony Gill reported that he had spoken to Oxfordshire County Council (OCC) and it was intended that Adderbury would have superfast broadband by the end of 2015. Therefore it was agreed that the Parish Council would leave this project to OCC to progress and their officers would keep the Parish Council updated.
12/90 OPEN FORUM
Colonel Stuckey reported to the Parish Council that he had made some progress with OCC about the lychgate. They had come to an agreement that the steel handle would be encased in oak.
He also reported that the doors to the noticeboard outside of the Church House had come off. The Chairman reported that the Parish Council was aware of this and David Griffiths was looking into the repairs. Action DG
i) Planning Applications
No observations had been made by the Planning Committee in respect of the following applications:
12/00083/TCA Mr Robin Woodbridge
Wychwood, Meadow View, Adderbury
T1 x Apple – fell
Observations had been made by the Planning Committee in respect of the following applications:
12/00453/F Mrs Sarah Adams
14 The Crescent Twyford
Erection of a timber pre-fabricated granny annexe
Objections had been made by the Planning Committee in respect of the following application:
The Planning Committee was currently considering the following applications:
12/00510/F Ms Ros Bailey
7 Lake Walk, Adderbury
Demolition of existing conservatory and attached garage; construction of a dining room and kitchen extension
ii) Planning Results – these were circulated to all members and noted.
i) Banks Accounts and Bank Reconciliations
The members noted the bank reconciliations for the Barclays bank accounts and the Santander bank accounts.
The following accounts were approved for payment:
T Goss – Salary & Expenses May 2012 £659.06
DesignGro – Lakes Maintenance March 2012 £50.00
N G Services – Day of Dance Security £1116.00
Rascal Horticultural – Cemetery and Allotment Maintenance £100
Adderbury Methodist Church – Hire of Methodist Hall £12.00
Viking Direct – Stationery £166.43
TaxAssist – Payroll Services 2011/2012 £216.00
Bob Bickley – Village and Highways Maintenance £1013.42
Sue Jelfs asked if there Parish Council could claim any money back from the driver of the vehicle who had knocked down the posts by the oak tree. The Clerk confirmed she had contacted PCSO Nikki Dale to find out the identity of the driver, but had not received a response. However, she would chase this up with her. Action TG
12/93 VILLAGE EVENTS
i) Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Celebrations 2012
The Clerk reported that the mugs had not been delivered by the deadline of 27 April 2012. Therefore she had emailed Jonathan Bishop to ask for clarification of all of the events leading up to the non-delivery and once she had this information, she would be making claim to get the money back. She also confirmed that Trading Standards could not offer assistance as this was civil case.
The Parish Council discussed the issues and felt that as the money had been a loan to the Jubilee Committee to purchase the mugs, the Committee should be asked to repay some of this money to the Parish Council, if there was any left when all the celebrations had been completed. Action TG
David Griffiths reported that the street captains were now selling programmes for £1 each and they would be arranging the street parties.
ii) Day of Dance
David Griffiths reported that the day had been a success, in spite of the weather. The security team was not as busy as usual because of the decrease in the number of young people at the event, which was mainly due to weather.
The Police confirmed that they would be attending again next year, but their presence would be in the form of the Neighbourhood Team.
The Chairman thanked Smiths of Bloxham for providing the skips free of charge and the Clerk was asked to send a letter of thanks. Action TG
The Clerk also confirmed that no donation had been received from The Bell, despite two letters being sent to the landlord. Therefore it was agreed that a letter should be sent to the Hook Norton Brewery asking them to make a contribution. Action TG
12/94 VILLAGE/PARISH MATTERS
i) Area Stewardship Fund
There was nothing further to report as the Clerk was awaiting a plan from Ian Asbury before this could be progressed.
ii) Future Funding Support to the Library
There was nothing further to report.
iii) Millennium Cup
It was agreed that Jeff Moore be approached the judge the Millennium Cup for 2012. David Griffiths and Diane Bratt also agreed that one of them would attend the Gardening Club event and present the cup. Action TG
iv) Parish Plan and Neighbourhood Plan
It was reported that the current Parish Plan was in need of updating as the last update had been carried out in 2007. The Plan was a mission statement and was wider than just planning matters.
Mike Dolamore explained to the Parish Council the issues with regard to developing a Neighbourhood Plan and how this could be approached by the Parish Council. It was reported that the Neighbourhood Plan should be informed by the Cherwell District Council’s Core Strategy which would be agreed for consultation on 28 May 2012.
However, it was felt that the Parish Council should start looking into how it could possibly develop a Neighbourhood Plan, as well as updating the Parish Plan and it was agreed that a Working Group be established to undertake this work. The following members agreed to be members of the Strategic Planning Working Group:
Colin Astley, Diane Bratt, Mike Dolamore (Chairman), Paul Godwin, Sue Jelfs, Ann Lyons, Kevin Morris and Martin Rye.
v) Parish Council Logo
The Clerk reported that it had been suggested to her that the Parish Council should have its own logo. This could be used on the web site and the Council’s letter head.
She had made enquires with the web developer who had assisted with the Parish Council web site and it would cost about £80 for this service.
The members were in favour of the idea but felt that an article should be put in Contact asking the community to design a logo. The Clerk agreed to look into this. Action TG
The following items of correspondence were circulated:
a) The Playing Field Association Magazine
b) CPRE – Field Work
THE LUCY JANE PLACKETT CHARITY
12/96 BBQ AT THE PLAYING FIELD
The Chairman reported that Pam Haynes had requested use of the Lucy Plackett Playing Field on Tuesday, 22 May 6.30 pm – 8.30 pm for a BBQ for the Deddington U11’s football team. There would be around 15 boys and a few parents and the BBQ itself was of the small foldaway/camping variety. This was agreed. Action TG
12/97 MEETING DATES
The Parish Council noted the following meeting dates, all commencing at 7.30pm at the Church House (unless otherwise stated):
26 June 2012
24 July 2012
11 September 2012
23 October 2012
27 November 2012
12/98 VERY URGENT BUSINESS
i) Parish Liaison Meeting
The above meeting was being held at Cherwell DC on 13 June 2012 at 715pm and three PC representatives were invited to attend. It was agreed that the Chairman, Tony Gill and Martin Rye would attend. Action TG
ii) Joint Meeting with Bodicote, Bloxham and Milcombe Parish Councils
The Chairman reported that the Clerk to Bodicote Parish Council had invited Adderbury Parish Council to attend their joint meetings, to discuss common issues. The meetings were held twice a year and the next one would be in October.
It was agreed that the Chairman would attend these meetings. Action DB & TG
iii) Adderbury Football Club
The Chairman reported that there was a possibility that Adderbury Park Football Club maybe disbanded at the end of the season due to a lack of support.
The Parish Council had a lease agreement with the football club for use of the football pitch and with regard to the FC building which was on the Lucy Plackett Playing Field.
Ian Asbury had kindly provided the Parish Council with a summary of the lease and there were issues which needed to be addressed if the football club was to disband.
It was highlighted that the building was also used by the Youth Club and the Parish Council did not wish there to be any impact on the Club.
Therefore, it was agreed that the lease with the football club be circulated to all members and the Chairman would seek legal advice on how the Parish Council may wish to proceed with this matter. Action TG
iv) Parish Council – Communications
The Clerk reported to the Parish Council on various ideas for addressing the need to communicate more effectively with the community.
She suggested to the members that:
1) the Parish Council could circulate a one-off leaflet providing details of the members on the Parish Council including other relevant information about the work of the members on the Parish Council;
2) each member could have a blog via the web site which would need to be regularly updated;
3) in rotation, after each meeting, a Councilor could produce a short report on the meeting for inclusion in Contact and on Adderbury.org; and
4) each month, Parish Councillors hold a surgery in the village, in much the same way that the District and County Councillors do.
The members liked the idea of producing an information leaflet, but asked the Clerk to first approach Contact and see if the Parish Council could have a double page spread, detailing the same information which would be included in the leaflet. Action TG
The members also liked the idea of having a monthly surgery so that the community could come along and meet the Councillors and discuss any issues that they had. The Clerk was asked to contact David Jones and establish whether this could be held on the same day as the County Councillors’ surgery, but in the hour before from 11am – 12 noon. Action TG
At the last meeting it was agreed that Trish Fennell’s notes would be loaded onto adderbury.org therefore it was agreed not to pursue putting an article in Contact at this time.
The members also felt that blogging would not a tool which they would like to pursue as it was felt it would not add any value at the current time.
v) Signage on Colin Butler Green
Tony Gill reported that an advertising sign had been left on Colin Butler Green and it needed to be removed. Tony agreed to advise the Clerk of the company details and she would arrange for it to be removed. Action T Gill & TG
(The meeting closed at 9.30pm)